Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership conference 2016
We were pleased to welcome more than 50 delegates from the South West and beyond to Plymouth University for the Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership conference 2016.
Held on Wednesday 7th September, the event brought together a wide range of organisations including friends of the station groups, rail and public transport user groups, Community Rail Partnerships, local authorities, train operating companies, Network Rail, the Department for Transport, the Association of Community Rail Partnerships, universities, bus operators, Travelwatch South West, Railfuture, Town and Parish Councils and more.
We are very grateful to all of our expert speakers, whose slides you can download below:
- One Public Transport System for Cornwall
Nigel Blackler (Cornwall Council)
- Developing Devon’s rail network – new stations and beyond
Andrew Ardley (Devon County Council)
- Rail Development and the Peninsula Rail Task Force
Philip Heseltine (Plymouth City Council)
- Community Rail in Lancashire – the view from the other end of the country
Richard Watts (Lancashire County Council)
- The Devon & Cornwall Rail Partnership in 2016/2017
Richard Burningham (DCRP)
- GWR’s rail vision and Community Rail
Dan Okey (Great Western Railway)
- What have we learned and what’s next for Community Rail?
Neil Buxton (Association of Community Rail Partnerships)